Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Travel Companion

Finally, after probably 20+ years, I'm playing the guitar again. Not just any guitar, the exact model that I was looking for a long time: a Seagull S6. What a fitting name for the adventures to come this year!

Features of the Seagull  S6 are solid Cedar top, Canadian Wild Cherry back and sides, maple neck, rosewoodfingerboard, signature headstock design for straight string pull to maintain the guitars tuning, hand crafted neck, Fishman Sonitone pickup with tone and volume controls in the sound hole. This guitar is in Trans Red, the gloss top is said to give the sound more projection while the rest of the body has a satin finish. Link. http://www.seagullguitars.com/seagull_s6_red_gt.html

 
An awesome piece of kit! I've been practicing daily for the last 10 days - since I bought it - and my fingertips are slowly being conditioned to the steel strings. Might still take a few months though ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment