Sunday, February 8, 2015

Testing the equipment and upgrading the gear

With only one more week to go at work, and less than 10 days until the adventure starts, I tested some of the equipment in the campervan. Dinner for two in the park, with good company. The stove from the van works very well, and the vegetarian curry provided by the wife of my Indian project engineer was sensational.






This week my solar panel was located and finally delivered in Perth. The transport company had it, coming from Melbourne, for more than 2 weeks in Perth and just couldn't find it. But end well, all well, it arrived undamaged and just in time. This 200W panel will feed the third battery of the car to power the fridge, lights at the back and probably some of my other gear.


Keith, master of all trades, helped me to mount it on the roof. The first test of it was successful, it charged the battery despite the late afternoon sun. Happy Days!




No comments:

Post a Comment