Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Alva to Rollingstone Beach Caravan Resort

7/7/2015

A small shop along the road to Townsville sold some locally caught fish and sea food. I treated myself to a bunch of Whiting fillets and a local fish that I've never heard of before but subsequently forgot the name of. These will last me for two big meals. :-)

Drove into Townsville today and went to the best rated coffee shop in Beanhunter. Finally a decent coffee (Tim Adam's beans) – so I had a second one, just in case. The nearby organic shop made a good sale to me as well, buying some much needed Pana chocolates, organic fresh nuts and a few other goodies.

I continued on to Rollingstone Beach Caravan Resort, one of the highest rated campgrounds I've ever seen on my trusted WikiCamps app. While not exactly cheap, this place is amazing. Great setup, huge pool with cave and waterfall, palm trees all around, direct beach access (but beware of the crocodiles!) and nice camp kitchen and facilities.

After sitting under a tree in the shade and reading and a long phone call with Stef, I jumped into the pool and relaxed in the sun.

I got some work related stuff sorted out in the afternoon and charged up all my gear to be ready for some free camping again. Better be prepared than sorry!

The Whiting fillets done with heaps of butter and lemon were sensational, together with some Sauerkraut with Kernoel (thanks Ernst!), capsicum and sweet potato mash from yesterday. What an outstanding meal.

Distance traveled: 163km








Mahlzeit!

No comments:

Post a Comment