Sunday, July 12, 2015

Coffee Works and Granite Gorge

12/7/2015
Some shots with the iPhone on the way to the bathroom yesterday night:



What an awesome day today! I was in photographers paradise – actually two of them!

Coffee Works in Mareeba was fantastic. Tried 15 different filter coffees, some coffee liqueurs, and all the chocolates that they had on offer. There are hundreds of coffee machines, espresso machines, tea pots, grinders and heaps more in the museum which is a part of the coffee world. Highly recommended to visit for everybody that is interested. I had a superb time there (maybe a bit high on caffeine) and firing away with my 35mm 1.4. Oh what an amazing lens that is on a full frame camera!

... and I tried them all!


Fresh fruits
 

Yes, indeed!















The type of crocodiles I really like!





Afterwards I drove to Granite Gorge to hike, walk and camp for the night. Amazing place as well, bush camping surrounded by nature and tons of animals. Here it was time to get the 70-300mm out and get going. The 'hike' is mainly a climb over many granite rocks and I enjoyed it a lot. So many things to take pictures of! All up I shot probably 500 pictures, about 350 are left after the first cull. This place is so vastly different than the rain forest the last few days – it is quite a bit dryer here, higher altitude on the back end of the Atherton tableland.

The rock wallabies were really eager to get fed and were posing nicely for pictures. The free range living huge turkeys, fluffy chickens and the peacocks were at ease too.
The only animals I couldn't get in front of the camera were the turtles that live in the creek – I'll have another go tomorrow morning!












Whale rock



Bananas and the flower















Distance traveled: 109km

No comments:

Post a Comment