Thursday, July 9, 2015

Little Crystal Creek, Tully, Mission Beach

8/7/2015
A rather early start for a change, compared to the last week. A very windy mountain road brought me to Little Crystal Creek. The road has got a 40kmh speed limit and for most of the way I fully agree to it. Very tight corners and the narrow road make it dangerous and hard to pass an oncoming vehicle if you're not careful. Little Crystal creek is a beautiful spot, well worth the drive up. There are some small water falls, pools to swim in (but rather cool at the moment!) and a historic bridge.




Little Crystal Creek - perfect for a swim in the warmer months!
 I was climbing around on the rocks a bit and took some photos and tried the HDR mode on my camera again. Interesting results.

Art Vivid HDR

I stopped in Cardwell on picturesque car park next to the beach and tried a coffee from the local coffee van. Not a complete catastrophe, but far away from excellent coffee none the less. Quite a cool new sign that I've never seen before was there as well.

Nice spot to enjoy an avocado and a coffee

Nicht Fuettern Krokodil
 My USB drives ran out of podcasts and so I was listening to some music. Singing along with Matt Bellamy from Muse is awesome, letting loose and getting crazy. Some of their songs with the melodic and yet complex sound are absolutely doing it for me. It feels like a gentle touch on my soul (if there is any!) or the touch of a loved one caressing your body. Magical!

There were some lookouts close by, it is incredibly lush and green up here in northern Queensland.





Arriving in Tully, the wettest place of all Australia, I had to visit the golden gumboot, to take some photos and buying some groceries. Unbelievable record of 7,9 meters of rain in one year in 1950! Ernst, Stef's father, was working here in the area in the 1960s if I remember correctly. There is a big sugar cane mill directly downtown and I could smell the molasses from it. Not my favorite smell and not the nicest town either - I know I'm picky!
Tully Sugar Mill






The scenic road from Tully to Mission Beach has many cassowary warning signs and speed limits. Didn't see any of these huge birds though.

Mission Beach and Wongaling Beach (where I'm staying tonight) are beautiful, and different to our stunning beaches in Western Australia. I walked along the beach a bit, took some photos and then relaxed a bit in the very nice caravan park. Its quite odd how much stuff constantly hits my inbox that needs to be taken care of. Guess that is a normal thing though in the current days, and even more so when you live on two continents.






Distance traveled: 207km

No comments:

Post a Comment