Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Tumby Bay to Stone Creek Bush Camping


3/3/2015
On my way to cook breakfast - this shows how huge these pelicans really are, even with their wings tucked in!
 I enjoyed some lovely phone calls with Eva & Reini yesterday evening and unwinded with some 95% Blanxart chocolate and a drink of Wisent Bison Grass Vodaka with lemon and soda. There was only little left in this bottle and it had to be cleared out as I'm trying to reduce the number of items I haul around Australia ;-)
I like Blanxart's quote on top: THIS CHOCOLATE MAKES YOU HAPPY - indeed!

Some product placement ;-)
 The highway to Wyhalla was rather boring and I stopped at a shopping center in Wyhalla to do a bit of 'retail therapy' – buying stuff. I got a new percolator that is more the size I need (1 or 2 cups instead of the 5 cups one I have), bought a converter to power my notebook from the 12V car battery if need be, did grocery shopping, had another overheated cappuccino (I miss my favourite coffee places from Perth!) that was barely consumable and got a hair cut.

The scenery got a lot more beautiful after Port Augusta – the Flinders Ranges is very beautiful and I took the Horrocks Pass road to cut through them.

Horrocks Pass road

Very nice to drive after all these long straights!
Today it's bush camping again, and I was greeted here by the very friendly owner of the little park and got quite a lot of information on the hikes I'd like to do. Before dinner I quickly did the Mount Marie trail hike, a short about 3km return hike in about a quarter of the time the brochure says it takes. Nice views from the summit even though the weather was quite overcast.

Today

Wilmington

Tomorrow - Mount Remarkable (in the distance)

Beautiful but very arid land - total fire ban as everything is dry as tinder and one spark or flame could cause disaster
 Tomorrow I'm checking out the Alligator Gorge and hiking Mount Remarkable.

Distance traveled today: 353 km


No comments:

Post a Comment